ggrmqrfr

PREMIUMPalm oil-based green fuel program unlikely to empower palm oil farmers: smallholders

first_imgGoogle Log in with your social account Forgot Password ? Topics : Indonesia palm-oil green-energy smallholder pertamina biodiesel domestic-consumption Wilmar BPDP-KS Linkedin Facebook LOG INDon’t have an account? Register here Oil palm farmers have raised doubts that the palm oil-based “green fuel” scheme laid out in the government’s recent five-year plan will benefit them, taking past biodiesel developments as cautionary tales.Palm Oil Smallholders Union (SPKS) secretary-general Mansuetus Darto said that the scheme could risk repeating mistakes of keeping farmers out of the supply chain just like previous biodiesel programs.As an example, he said agribusiness giant Wilmar Group “did not involve” smallholders in producing its assigned 2.5 million liters of the 30-percent blended biodiesel (B30) quota. Instead, around 162 companies are supplying the crude palm oil (CPO) for the group’s B30 production.”It will be really regrettable if we develop […] the palm oil-based green fuel where only big corporations can benefit,” said Mansuetus in Jakarta on Feb. 11,…last_img read more

vzenlitf

Police Commissioner reveals facts surrounding the robbery/murder incident at Pagua Bay

first_img Share LocalNews Police Commissioner reveals facts surrounding the robbery/murder incident at Pagua Bay by: – August 5, 2011 Share Tweet Sharing is caring!center_img Share In photo: Police Commissioner Cyril Carette. Photo credit: GIS NewsThe facts surrounding the robbery and murder incident which occurred at Pagua Bay House has been revealed by Police Commissioner Cyril Carrette at a media briefing earlier this afternoon.Mr. Carrette read a press statement which was made available to members of the media after this briefing.“At about 21:54 an hour on Sunday, July 31, 2011 a report was received at the Control Room, Police Headquarters which indicated that a robbery had taken place at Pagua Bay and that someone was killed. The report was referred to the Marigot Police Station. The victims Joseph Costello, male adult of Ireland was the Manager of Silks Hotel, located at Hatten Garden.Rick and Alicia Davison; citizens of the United States of America and the proprietors of Pagua Bay House, Hatton Garden, Marigot and Pagua Bay Restaurant and Grill situated at Hill Top, Marigot. Emily Elizee is the Assistant Manager of the Silks Hotel. She resides at Penrice, Belles.On Sunday July 31, 2011 Costello and his friend Elizee visited their friends Rick and Alicia Davison who lives at Pagua Bay about one mile away. About 6:30pm, they arrived at the premises which would later be the crime scene of a robbery and a homicide. Costello and Elizee remained indoors and Rick brought them dinner and left with his wife Alicia for their restaurant and bar at the Hilltop in Marigot about one mile away.About 9pm Rick and Alicia Davison returned home. On their approach to the entrance of their dwelling, they were ambushed by three masked men brandishing a cutlass, a piece of wood and a hatchet. The masked men demanded money from them.Joseph Costello who was in an adjoining apartment with his friend, Emily Elizee, heard a commotion outside and left immediately to investigate. As he did so, he was immediately attacked and was struck on the head with a sharp object which caused a severe wound. He was pronounced dead by Dr. Bekele at the scene.Rick was also struck and sustained injuries to his head and other parts of his body. He was admitted at the Marigot Hospital where he was treated and transferred to the Princess Margaret Hospital where he was admitted. He was discharged on Wednesday, August 3, 2011 to facilitate him to seek further medical attention, overseas.Alicia sustained injuries to her back, right eye, wrist and thumb. She was treated at the Marigot Hospital and discharged.The only unharmed person was Emily Elizee. She was robbed of EC$350.00. The victims were all tied as the attackers made their escape. The robbers made their escape with US$200.00, one blackberry and one laptop belonging to Rick and Alicia Davison.A search was made in the immediate area and a mask and glove were found in the vicinity. Scenes of crime officers from the Criminal Investigations Department responded and processed the scene.Investigation into this matter is being carried out methodically and carefully by a special team appointed to conduct investigations in the matter. Three individuals have been arrested on suspicion and are assisting the Police in the investigation.I wish to make it abundantly clear that persons who are inclined to commit crimes of that nature that such crimes will not be committed with impunity. The Police will utilize all available resources in order to bring the perpetrators to justice.”Mr. Carette also confirmed that one of the three individuals who have been arrested was involved in a murder some years ago in Marigot. He also confirmed that the telephone system at the Marigot Police Station was dysfunctional due to an upgrade which is being conducted. Mr. Carette hopes that this will be solved in the quickest possible time.An appeal is made to members of the public with any information that can assist with this investigation to call the following individuals; Superintendant Daniel Carbon at 285 7648, Assistant Superintendant John David at 245 9551, and Inspector Oliver Frederick at 285 7443.Dominica Vibes News 247 Views   one commentlast_img read more

cdjdsyui

SENIOR COUNCIL OFFICIAL TARGETED IN FAKE RACIST E-MAIL SCAM

first_imgAn investigation has been launched after a senior Donegal County Council official was targeted in a fake racist e-mail campaign.Hundreds of fake emails were distributed last night claiming to come from the well-known council official.The fake e-mail even includes the official’s real mobile phone number. It also claims to come from the official’s county council e-mail address but this is a fake account.The letter uses racist language and claims the official is welcoming the formation of a new political party in Donegal.A spokesman for Donegal County Council has confirmed that they are aware of the e-mails and investigating the matter.It is not known if the information has been passed on to Gardai or if an official complaint has been made.  SENIOR COUNCIL OFFICIAL TARGETED IN FAKE RACIST E-MAIL SCAM was last modified: May 31st, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Donegal County Councilfake e-mailsGardailast_img read more

woatkhez

Federer, Nadal drawn for Wimbledon final, 11 years after 1st

first_imgRafael Nadal of Spain (left) and Roger Federer of Switzerland (right) pose with their trophies after Federer defeated Nadal in the men’s final match on day 14 of the Miami Open at Crandon Park Tennis Center on April 2, 2017 in Key Biscayne, Florida. Rob Foldy/Getty Images/AFPLONDON — Like a couple of old friends gathering for a reunion, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal could face each other in the Wimbledon final more than a decade after their first such meeting.The draw at the All England Club on Friday established plenty of intriguing matchups along the way, too, including what appears to be a particularly tricky path for three-time champion Novak Djokovic, who’s been struggling for much of the past 12 months or so.ADVERTISEMENT Murray’s spot at No. 1 in the ATP rankings is up for grabs this fortnight: He, Nadal, Wawrinka or Djokovic could all leave the All England Club with the top spot.The WTA No. 1 ranking, which currently belongs to Angelique Kerber, also could change hands at tournament’s end. Four other women have a chance to take it: Karolina Pliskova, Simona Halep, Elina Svitolina and Caroline Wozniacki, who already has spent time at No. 1.The potential women’s quarterfinals are Kerber vs. Svetlanta Kuznetsova in a matchup between a pair of two-time major champions; 2016 U.S. Open runner-up Pliskova vs. two-time U.S. Open finalist Wozniacki; Svitolina vs. Dominika Cibulkova; and Halep vs. Johanna Konta, Britain’s best hope for its first women’s champion since Virginia Wade in 1977.Konta withdrew from a grass-court tuneup in Eastbourne on Friday after hurting herself during a fall a day earlier, when she pulled off two big victories in one day after rain had jumbled the schedule, beating Kerber and French Open champion Jelena Ostapenko.Five-time Wimbledon champion Venus Williams, seeded 10th in her 20th appearance at the tournament, was drawn to face Elise Mertens of Belgium in the first round. A publicist for Williams said that the former No. 1 will play at Wimbledon after a police report in Florida said the tennis star caused a car crash in early June that led to the death, two weeks later, of a passenger in another vehicle.ADVERTISEMENT Venus Williams sued by estate of man fatally hurt in crash Cayetano to unmask people behind ‘smear campaign’ vs him, SEA Games LOOK: Jane De Leon meets fellow ‘Darna’ Marian Rivera Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games LATEST STORIES Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ Djokovic will start against big-hitting Martin Klizan, and then could face another power player in the third round: 2009 U.S. Open champion Juan Martin del Potro, who stunned the Serb at the Rio Olympics last year. Get past that, and Djokovic might play the mercurial Gael Monfils or Fernando Lopez, who is coming off a grass-court title at Queen’s Club. His quarterfinal foe could be Dominic Thiem, who eliminated Djokovic in straight sets at the French Open.Other potential men’s quarterfinals are seven-time champion Federer against 2016 runner-up Milos Raonic, who beat Federer in last year’s semifinals; two-time winner Nadal against 2014 U.S. Open champion Marin Cilic; and defending champ Andy Murray against three-time major titlist Stan Wawrinka.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSWin or don’t eat: the Philippines’ poverty-driven, world-beating pool starsIf the seedings hold, Federer would meet Djokovic in the semifinals, with Nadal taking on Murray. That quartet has combined to win each of the past 14 titles at Wimbledon; Federer beat Nadal in the 2006 and 2007 finals, then lost to him in the 2008 title match .Federer turns 36 on Aug. 8, and Nadal just turned 31, but both are back to playing quite well this year. They met in the Australian Open final in January, won by Federer, and Nadal earned his record 10th French Open title in June. Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. center_img Pagasa: Kammuri now a typhoon, may enter PAR by weekend MOST READ View comments Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ What ‘missteps’? China furious as Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong Another vape smoker nabbed in Lucena Williams and Petra Kvitova, who won Wimbledon in 2011 and 2014, are the only two past champions in the women’s field: Williams’ sister, Serena, is taking the rest of the year off because she is pregnant, while Maria Sharapova is injured.Victoria Azarenka, a former No. 1 and two-time Australian Open champion, is appearing in a Grand Slam tournament for the first time in more than a year after giving birth to her first child. Her first-round match should be interesting — it’s against 18-year-old CiCi Bellis, an up-and-coming Californian. The winner could eventually take on Halep in the fourth round.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Nextlast_img read more

hrflttwt

Tavares, Isles Beat Caps in OT, 3-2

first_imgUNIONDALE, N.Y. — Islanders captain John Tavares had the puck on his stick late in overtime, hesitated to force Washington defenseman Karl Alzner out of position, then whipped the puck past goaltender Braden Holtby as New York won another nail-biter.“When I got it there, I had a good feeling their defense was in a tough spot,” said Tavares, who heard chants of ‘MVP, MVP’ from the sellout crowd of 16,170 at Nassau Coliseum. “I kind of froze them and created an angle. It felt good to see it go in.”The 3-2 victory Nov. 26 night over the Capitals was the fifth straight for the Islanders and moved them to 16-6-0. They’ve won 10 of 11 to tie Pittsburgh for first place in the Metropolitan Division, though the Penguins have a game in hand.The goal was the ninth this season for Tavares, set up on a cross-ice feed from Ryan Strome. It came at 4:36 with two seconds left on a penalty to Washington’s Nicklas Backstrom for holding the stick.Tavares was mobbed by teammates as roars cascaded down from the rafters. New York is 8-2-0 at home thus far in their final season on Long Island before moving to Brooklyn in 2015.The Islanders also won for the seventh time in extra time — twice in overtime. Coach Jack Capuano had a hard time explaining why his team is perfect past regulation — though five of the victories are in shootouts.New York had all five shots in overtime. “All I can say is that guys want the puck on their sticks in those stages of the game,” he said.The Islanders have set a franchise record by winning 16 of their first 22 games.Jaroslav Halak made 25 saves for his eighth straight win. He has allowed only 10 goals in those eight wins.“Everyone has played well for us,” added Tavares, who leads the team with 21 points. “At any point in time, any guy can step up. And obviously Jaro is playing great. We just want to keep it going.”Anders Lee and Travis Hamonic scored first-period goals for the Islanders, while Alex Ovechkin scored two power-play goals for the Capitals in his 700th NHL game. “We played a great game, but they got a power play in overtime and that was the difference,” Ovechkin said.New York is 10-2 in November. Last season the Islanders were 4-10-1 during the month and didn’t win their 16th game until Jan. 7. The boisterous home crowd certainly provides a boost.“We can all feel it on the bench,” Capuano said. “The energy is awesome.”The Capitals (9-8-4) have been inconsistent under new coach Barry Trotz, the team’s fourth coach in four seasons, and fell behind early.Lee opened the scoring at 5:11, tapping a rebound past Holtby for his fourth goal. Strome and Brock Nelson assisted.Ovechkin tied the game at 1-1 at 13:46 of the first on a one-timer from the left circle for his 10th of the season. He scored again at 18:47 of the second to tie the game again after Lee received an extra two minutes for roughing during a fight with Washington’s Tom Wilson. The goal was the 433rd for the Russian forward.Hamonic had given New York a 2-1 lead at 17:38 of the first with a power-play goal off assists from Cal Clutterbuck and Casey Cizikas. The Islanders have 12 goals from their defense this season. They had 23 goals from the defense all of last season.The Islanders, coming off a 1-0 home shootout win over Philadelphia on Dec. 1, improved to 8-1 against Metropolitan Division opponents and are 10-1-0 in games decided by a single goal.The teams complete a home-and-home series in Washington on Nov. 28. “I think the next game will be different for them and for us as well,” Ovechkin said.(ALLAN KREDA)TweetPinShare0 Shareslast_img read more

lakavorf

End of Business License Renewal Period

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppTurks and Caicos, April 27, 2017 – Providenciales – The Revenue Department in the Ministry of Finance reminds the business community that Business License Renewal period for 2017/18 is nearing its end.  Payment for renewal must be made on or before Friday, April 28th 2017 to avoid penalties of 10% per month.Businesses that acquired a business license to operate during the period April 2016 to 31st March 2017 and will not be operational during the period 1st April 2017 to 31st March 2018 are required to notify the Revenue Department immediately to avoid arrears being applied to your business license.For more information, please visit the Revenue Department at www.gov.tc/revenue or at one of our offices in Grand Turk, Providenciales or the District Commissioner’s Offices in the family islands.Press Release: TCIG#endofbusinesslicenserenewalperiod Related Items:#endofbusinesslicenserenewalperiodlast_img read more