ygdlpzlt

Australia to relax some domestic travel curbs

first_imgAustralians in the country’s most populous state will be able to vacation within its borders next month, when art galleries and museums will also reopen, as officials seek to boost an economy hard hit by the coronavirus pandemic.The move will allow New South Wales state, home to Sydney, to open up tourist regions on its southern coast that were badly damaged by huge bushfires before the virus wreaked further havoc.NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian said people would still need to adapt to a “new normal” as officials maintain some of the social distancing measures that have been credited with keeping both COVID-19 cases and deaths relatively low. “We want people to enjoy themselves, to feel free, but at the same time please know that nothing we do is the same during a pandemic,” she said during a televised media conference.”We want to people to feel encouraged and hopeful about the future, but we also want people to be realistic, in that a COVID-safe environment will look and feel very different to what it did before the pandemic.”Australia has reported just over 7,000 infections, including 100 deaths, among its population of 25 million.NSW, the hardest hit state, logged just four new cases over the past 24 hours, all international travellers already in quarantine. More than 7,000 test results over the same period showed no community transmission, Berejiklian said.Australia’s states and territories are implementing a three-step federal government plan to unwind lockdown measures at a staggered pace, meaning different areas of the country have different restrictions.In Victoria state, authorities were using a controversial smartphone contact tracing app for the first time to track the movements of a person who was confirmed on Monday to have the disease.Almost 6 million Australians have downloaded the app, still short of the 40 percent of the population the government has said would make it an effective tool, amid privacy concerns about the use of the data.Topics :last_img read more

ygdlpzlt

Beachfront homes in high demand despite slower market over winter

first_img2 Short St, Bilinga. 2 Short St, Bilinga.BEACHFRONT homes are in high demand with dozens selling in the past few months – a period when the property market generally tends to slow down.Over the weekend, a 1970s-built Bilinga home with 20m of beach frontage sold under the hammer for $3.3 million.About 50 people, including six registered bidders, attended the auction on Saturday.“(Bidding) started at $2.5 million and it sold for $3.3 million,” said marketing agent Troy Dowker, of Ray White Mermaid Beach. 2 Short St, Bilinga. 2 Short St, Bilinga.It was one of several beachfront homes Mr Dowker has sold recently.Despite the property market generally going quiet over winter, he said beachfront properties between Palm Beach and Bilinga were in high demand lately.“I sold six beachfronts last month,” he said.“I’ve never experienced the demand we’re getting now.“This is the strongest winter I’ve seen.”According to realestate.com.au, five properties on the beachfront have sold so far this month.More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa15 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag2 days agoMr Dowker said people looking for more than just a house were driving demand for beachfront properties, which were consistently drawing big crowds at auction.The fact that there were limited beachfront blocks was also a factor, he said.“If you’ve got the money, you just invest in lifestyle,” Mr Dowker said.“Those people are aged between 45 and 70, most of them.“(There’s) definitely a lot of strength in the beachfront market.” 2 Short St, Bilinga.A Gold Coast family snapped up the Bilinga home on the weekend.Mr Dowker said they outbid several contenders from further north and interstate.He said they planned to demolish the existing property and rebuild.“It will be built as a family home,” he said.The buyer, who firmly believed high-rises should be kept away from the coastline, told The Bulletin they would only build two-storeys to preserve the integrity of the beachfront.The existing home on the 489sq m site has two storeys and offers dual living.Seller Josie Kay told The Bulletin last month her family renovated the brick building to transform it into a home.“It was basically a duplex before we bought the upstairs (level) in 2005,” she said.“We actually just bought upstairs and then downstairs became available.“We absolutely loved (upstairs) so we thought it was a good opportunity.”last_img read more

ygdlpzlt

Capello: Benzema better for Ronaldo departure

first_imgFormer Real Madrid coach, Fabio Capello, has heaped praise on Karim Benzema after his season success. Capello says Benzema has grown since Cristiano Ronaldo’s departure for Juventus. He told Marca: “[He’s been] sensational. He’s become a benchmark for Madrid and he’s undoubtedly the best. He has taken on a responsibility that he didn’t have when he played with Cristiano Ronaldo, he has a nose for goal and he’s shown it. He scored decisive goals and I think it’s the best season since he signed.”Advertisement read also:Benzema wants first Pichichi Trophy on La Liga’s final day Capello also had praise for Thibaut Courtois: “I’m very happy for him. He’s always been a great goalkeeper but he had me a little confused last season, he lacked consistency. This year he’s made a lot of big saves and, after a long time, Madrid have another Zamora.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… center_img Promoted Content9 Astonishing Wonders Hidden Deep In SeaThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldThe Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love WithPortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D Graffiti7 Reasons It’s Better To Be A VeganThe Most Clever Uses Of CGI In Cinema6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone7 Train Stations In The World You Wish To Stay At Longer6 Extreme Facts About HurricanesWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?Top 9 Scariest Haunted Castles In EuropeThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read Morelast_img read more

ygdlpzlt

Ronaldo: Why Real Madrid should sign Mbappe over Neymar

first_img “He needs to win the Champions League to complete his season,” Ronaldo said of Neymar. “He has played very well in the last few games, especially in this final phase in Portugal. “He has created many scoring chances, but he has lacked calmness to finish off moves. With luck and calmness, he can find himself scoring in the final.” Ronaldo, meanwhile, also believes Lionel Messi won’t be leaving Barcelona anytime soon despite reports suggesting he’s considering a Camp Nou exit. “It is very unlikely that Messi will leave Barcelona, especially with the financial crisis in Europe,” he said. read also:Don’t allow Lionel Messi to leave, Ronaldo warns Barcelona “Messi is the reference of the team and if I was Barcelona I would not let him leave in any case. “Messi has a very intense relationship with Barcelona, I do not think he will stop being in love with the team. He’s upset, of course, with how they were defeated in the Champions League. “Messi needs his team-mates to help him, as they do, and Barcelona will have to think of something different for the next seasons. Letting your main player leave is not the solution.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right Now10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do9 Movie Scenes That Got Re-Shot And Saved The Whole MovieThe Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love With8 Fascinating Facts About Coffee7 Mind-Boggling Facts About Black HolesZodiac Signs Reimagined As Women Look IncredibleWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Birds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeWhat Happens To Your Brain When You Play Too Much Video Games? Real Madrid great Ronaldo believes the La Liga champions should sign Kylian Mbappe ahead of Paris Saint-Germain team-mate Neymar. Mbappe has been tipped to make the move to Madrid at some stage in his career, with Los Blancos reportedly eyeing a 2021 transfer. Former Barcelona forward Neymar – who joined PSG in a world-record deal in 2017 – has also been linked to Madrid previously. But Brazilian legend Ronaldo, a La Liga winner with Madrid in 2002-03, prefers France’s Mbappe over countryman Neymar due to age. “Right now, it is not that one is better than another, but if Real Madrid had to make a big investment, they should do so thinking about the future,” Ronaldo said during a webinar hosted by Santander. “Neymar is 28 years old and Mbappe is 22. As an investment, it would be more logical to bring the younger [of the two].” Mbappe and Neymar are preparing for Sunday’s Champions League final against Bayern Munich in Lisbon. French powerhouse PSG will feature in their first Champions League decider, having dominated domestically. Neymar – who won the 2015 Champions League with Barca – and PSG have already claimed Ligue 1, Coupe de France, Coupe de la Ligue and Trophee des Champions in 2019-20.center_img Loading… last_img read more

ygdlpzlt

Hoddle keen on Spurs return

first_img Spurs are looking for a replacement for the sacked Andre Villas-Boas and former England boss Hoddle’s name has been linked. The 56-year-old sat in the White Hart Lane dugout between 2001 and 2003 and is currently without a club, having last managed at Wolves in 2006. It remains to be seen if Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy wants to give Hoddle a second chance, but he is willing to take any opportunity there may be. Speaking on Sky Sports 1, he said: “Do I want the job? Well I’ve had the job there once. “Tottenham Hotspur, you know I supported them when I was eight years of age. I went there at 12, left there at 28. Went back and managed. It’s in my blood. It’s in my bones. “If I was offered the job, yes I would want to go back, even if it was for the sake of the club. (Interim manager) Tim (Sherwood) is in pole position here.” Sherwood was taking the side at Southampton in a caretaker capacity and also wants a permanent position with the club. Hoddle does not know if he will, and would even be willing to bridge the gap until the end of the season if asked. “If he gets a good win today, and he moves on, and the club decides that whatever is right for the football club, and if they felt that they wanted me to go in until the end of the season even, they wanted something else long term, I would be prepared to do that because I love the club,” he added. Hoddle insists he has not been contacted by Levy, and added that he would be willing to work for the man who sacked him a decade ago. Glenn Hoddle wants to take the Tottenham job for a second time. Press Association “They’ve not offered me the job, so it’s all speculation, it’s all a bit of media hype,” he said. “It’s a different club completely this time. I think I had a squad that was ageing at the time, we were bringing free transfers in, we brought Teddy Sheringham and Gus Poyet in on free transfers. “This isn’t the same scenario at this club at the moment. It’s a completely different scenario to that. I think there’s a way forward.” last_img read more

ygdlpzlt

US Coast Guard searching for two of three missing boaters after boat capazies

first_imgThe US Coast Guard is currently searching for two boaters who went missing after their boat capsized after they encountered a storm in Key Largo.Authorities say they were notified about the missing boaters on Sunday around 4:00 pm.The victims were said to have departed from Caribbean Club in a 23-foot Blue Proline vessel on Thursday.At least one of the boaters was rescued by a good Samaritan who found him floating in the water near Biscayne Bay around 9:30 p.m., Sunday.The boater was then transferred to a City of Miami Fire Boat before being transported to Jackson Memorial Hospital.The rescued boater told authorities that two others decided to stay with the boat while he swam for help.The missing boaters were said to all have been wearing their life vest.last_img read more

ygdlpzlt

British football club Cardiff’s appeal against transfer ban delayed

first_imgCARDIFF: British football club Cardiff’s appeal against a transfer ban with respect to the payment related to deceased Emiliano Sala has been delayed for the second time.According to a report in BBC Wales Sport, the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) was set to hear the appeal this spring but has been delayed once again. Football’s world governing body FIFA had earlier directed Cardiff to pay Nantes the first installment of Sala’s total transfer fee of 15 million pounds. FIFA’s players’ committee, in November, had directed Cardiff to pay the initial amount within 15 days of receiving the bank details from Nantes or face transfer ban for three windows. Cardiff had challenged the ruling and the appeal was set to be heard by CAS. “The parties to the procedure have agreed to lengthen the regular time limits for the filing of the written submissions,” CAS said. “It is for this reason the exchanges of written submissions is still ongoing and a hearing date has not yet been set.” Argentine striker Sala passed away following a plane crash while travelling to join his new club in Wales on January 21, 2019, two days after both teams had announced the transfer. Cardiff has since maintained they aren’t liable to pay any transfer amount since Sala wasn’t their player when he passed away. The two clubs have been involved in a legal battle since with CAS expected to rule in the matter soon. (IANS) Also Watch: #NewsMakers: Bharat Bhushan Dev Choudhury, Sec. General Administration, Gov. of Assam, Dispurlast_img read more

ygdlpzlt

Syracuse men’s basketball game day: Everything to know about Georgia Tech matchup

first_img Published on February 19, 2017 at 3:15 am Contact Paul: pmschwed@syr.edu | @pschweds Syracuse (16-11, 8-6 Atlantic Coast) visits Georgia Tech (15-11, 6-7) on Sunday at 6:30 p.m. The Orange enters the game on a two-game losing streak while the Yellow Jackets have already notched home wins against North Carolina, Florida State and Notre Dame. SU ranks 78th in the nation in RPI while GT ranks 80th, indicating the clear NCAA Tournament implications riding on Sunday’s contest.Here’s what you need to know on game day.How can you watch the game? Syracuse-Georgia Tech will be broadcast on ESPNU. Here are channel listings based on provider in the Syracuse area.Time Warner: 370DirecTV: 208Verizon Fios: 573 (high-definition) and 73 (standard-definition)Dish Network: 141New Visions: 759 (high-definition) and 73 (standard definition)Will SU make the NCAA Tournament? Our beat writers discuss that and more, here.What do our beat writers predict? They don’t agree on who they think will win.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textWhat else should you know about Georgia Tech? Here’s a preview of the Yellow Jackets. Comments Facebook Twitter Google+last_img read more

ygdlpzlt

Considine says Galway will provide stiff test for Tipp

first_imgPreparations are continuing in Eamon O’Shea’s camp ahead of their All Ireland Semi Final against the Tribesmen in Croke Park on August 16th.Speaking on Tipp Fm this week former Clare manager Tony Considine expects Anthony Cunningham’s side to really put it up to The Premier.He says Galway have big players which they are using as targetmen this year and that Tipp will need to match their aggression.last_img